Hannah Marie made her appearance Saturday, August 29th at 9:33 pm....
I had been contracting and in L&D on Thursday ( 8/27) and after being checked it was determined I was 5cm, and 70% thinned, but I was only dehydrated so I was sent home... Friday I go to my weekly OB visit and was told it would only be a few days so keep timing my contractions... I contracted all day Friday but no real pattern so I go to bed, I don't want John missing another day at work so my mom stays the night and we time contractions all day Saturday... I am hell bent on holding off going back to the hosp. b/c I do NOT want to be sent home again... John and my mom talk me into calling the dr Saturday afternoon since I was still crampy and contracting and have a history of fast delivery... I go back to L&D saturday around 4:00pm and I am now 6-7cm and 80% thinned with a bulging bag of water.. I get my antibiotic for GBS and wait the time for the IV to finish.. they call for my epidural and break my water at 6:15... the anesthesiologist comes in to do mu epi and fails TWICE ( I have never had an epidural before so I had no idea what it was supposed to feel like), I tell my nurse I still feel everything so they move the epi and try again... same thing.... FINALLY another Dr came in and got it right and I was so much more relaxed, it was nice :)
I started to feel pressure around 9pm so the nurse get the dr to check my and I am 9cm, the dr and student suit up and break the bed down and after 3 pushes Hannah was born at 9:33pm...
We were given a big wake up scare at 5am Monday by the resident ped that Hannah's cord blood tested positive for STD's ..... yep she told us our 2 day old baby had syphilis and needed a spinal tap immediately to see if it had spread to her brain b/c it can be fatal.. I am looking at this resident like she is crazy and refuse a spinal tap until I see MY ped and only sigh for more blood work.. my OB comes in and I am tossing questions at him and he is chuckling b/c we KNOW I am NOT a carrier... they do more blood on me and while we are waiting I am ready to snap... the ped comes in at 8:30 and says,,,,, As I assumed... the tests are negative and Hannah is released to go home.... needless to say the resident ped and I are NOT on good terms :)
Sooooooo we are finally home where we belong and started our fist night home with a sick Lydia :( so I guess I should go give her more tylenol since I hear her fussing ( I just cant carry her yet)....
I had been contracting and in L&D on Thursday ( 8/27) and after being checked it was determined I was 5cm, and 70% thinned, but I was only dehydrated so I was sent home... Friday I go to my weekly OB visit and was told it would only be a few days so keep timing my contractions... I contracted all day Friday but no real pattern so I go to bed, I don't want John missing another day at work so my mom stays the night and we time contractions all day Saturday... I am hell bent on holding off going back to the hosp. b/c I do NOT want to be sent home again... John and my mom talk me into calling the dr Saturday afternoon since I was still crampy and contracting and have a history of fast delivery... I go back to L&D saturday around 4:00pm and I am now 6-7cm and 80% thinned with a bulging bag of water.. I get my antibiotic for GBS and wait the time for the IV to finish.. they call for my epidural and break my water at 6:15... the anesthesiologist comes in to do mu epi and fails TWICE ( I have never had an epidural before so I had no idea what it was supposed to feel like), I tell my nurse I still feel everything so they move the epi and try again... same thing.... FINALLY another Dr came in and got it right and I was so much more relaxed, it was nice :)
I started to feel pressure around 9pm so the nurse get the dr to check my and I am 9cm, the dr and student suit up and break the bed down and after 3 pushes Hannah was born at 9:33pm...
We were given a big wake up scare at 5am Monday by the resident ped that Hannah's cord blood tested positive for STD's ..... yep she told us our 2 day old baby had syphilis and needed a spinal tap immediately to see if it had spread to her brain b/c it can be fatal.. I am looking at this resident like she is crazy and refuse a spinal tap until I see MY ped and only sigh for more blood work.. my OB comes in and I am tossing questions at him and he is chuckling b/c we KNOW I am NOT a carrier... they do more blood on me and while we are waiting I am ready to snap... the ped comes in at 8:30 and says,,,,, As I assumed... the tests are negative and Hannah is released to go home.... needless to say the resident ped and I are NOT on good terms :)
Sooooooo we are finally home where we belong and started our fist night home with a sick Lydia :( so I guess I should go give her more tylenol since I hear her fussing ( I just cant carry her yet)....




Had you delivered your babies meds free before, I forget? Sorry to hear Lil Miss Lydia is under the weather, that has to be nerving especially with the new bella in the home! Grr.. what a scary situation that resident ped placed you in, I could only imagine what that must have felt like! SO glad she has a beautiful & clean bill of health! Gorgeous family, MJ!!! SO Blessed!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you are home safe and sound without Syphillis. Oh I would have been really upset!
ReplyDeleteVirginia, yes... all my other deliveries were drug free
ReplyDelete