together

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Cleaning, ( our lives)

When Spring finally gets here every year I start to get antsy for change. I want to get my garden started, open windows and clean, change curtains or something. Move furniture around, clean out closets whatever... The cleaning out is like therapy for me. This year I have decided in addition to all the previous mentioned changes, I will clean out my life. I will deal less with the people who bring me down, and make a point of dropping an e mail or phone call to the ones who truly bring me joy. I have noticed over the last few months that there are people very close to me that bring me anxiety and grief when I am with them, I will change that. I will work with my kids to change something about them too, I could start with Christina and her pre teen attitude, but I don't think that will work as well considering she is just a hormonal pre teen. lol
I will try very hard to think more positive and spend less time on the computer. The computer does relax me and seeing what my friends are doing online brings me joy, BUT my neglected house work doesn't. I will do better to prioritize my time and get more done in a day, so when I go to bed I don't feel like I was lazy all day and feel guilty. I think with these minor changes I will feel better about myself and not feel so overwhelmed most days. I have already started making changes with things we do financially ( reducing our cable, calling around for better car/life insurance rates, only buying what I need at the grocery store and trying to shop with sales and coupons... ) I am hoping that I can stick to my new plan, and see a change in myself. I will start with the cleaning out Tuesday when the kids go back to school. I won't overwhelm myself with conquering the whole house in one day, I will try to do 1 closet or toy box a day ( if I have the time to do 2 that is even better!!) So there is how I plan to start Spring cleaning myself :) HAPPY SPRING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment